Saturday, July 9, 2011

DIY: Sea Salt Spray!

So I've recently discovered this awesome DIY! :D It's multifunctional and does wonders for whatever you're using it for! :)


I originally made it to help my piercing heal.. Because I didn't want to spend all that money on an H2O spray which was basically just sea salt and water.. So I made it myself. Sure it doesn't have all of the added good stuff like vitamins and things like that.. But I figured this would still get the job done. All you need to do is apply a few spritzes onto your piercing and move the jewelry through the hole to get the water in it.

Then I was thinking one day.. Why you get awesome waves after you swim in the ocean?? And I thought it must be the salt! So I spritzed it all over my hair and voila! Amazing, beachy waves! :)



What you need:
  1. A spritzer bottle [I got a pack of 4 travel sized bottles at Target for $2.50]
  2. Sea Salt [Also at Target $4 - Alessi Sea Salt]


Here's how:

  1. Add a few pinches of salt into your bottle [ 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon for a 3 oz bottle]
  2. Fill it up with water; use filtered water if you're using it for your piercing
  3. Shake it up and you're done! How easy was that?
Waves:
  1. Start with dry hair [works with wet hair too, but better with dry]
  2. Spritz the salty water all over your hair, making it slightly damp
  3. Twist your hair up into a tight bun
  4. Let it dry! You can air dry it or blow dry it if you're in a hurry. [While still in the bun]
  5. Let down your hair and shake it out to reveal your beachy waves! No need for hair spray or gel the waves will hold on their own! :)
Hope you like this DIY! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment