Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Homemade Face Primer!

Want a good primer? But don't want to spend all the $? Well with this recipe you can whip up a ton for only a few dollars!


Why prime? Primer preps your skin for makeup and creates a protective barrier against so your makeup can't clog your pores! It also helps your makeup last longer. This one makes my face so smooth and soft. 


All you really need is some Aloe Vera Gel! Any brand will do :) Just make sure it's clear! 
I bought mine on Amazon for only $4.00! Check my aStore if you want to purchase this product :) You can also find it at any drug store.
Aloe vera gel is really good for your skin. It locks in moisture and helps heal your sunburns!


Here are a few things you can add:

  • Moisturizer 
  • Foundation or powder (If you want it tinted)
  • Brightening serum 
  • Vitamin E
Here's how I made mine:
  1. 1 1/2 tablespoons of the gel
  2. 1/2 teaspoon brightening serum [Luxica Brilliant-C from Merle Norman] 
  3. A little more than 1/2 a teaspoon of Clinique's Turn Around Concentrate
  4. I combined all of my ingredients in an empty container and mixed it with a toothpick until it was smooth and incorporated well. 
This much lasts me about a month. A little goes a long way! And the aloe vera gel seems to last me forever. This product has improved how long my make up lasts and has really makes for a smoother application. This isn't as good as a top of the line one but it does get the job done for a fraction of the price! I don't think I'll ever purchase another primer as long as I've got this! :)

1 comment:

  1. Can I use sweet almond oil or avocado oil as a moisturizer?

    ReplyDelete