Saturday, April 9, 2011

How To Get Rid Of Puffy Eyes


Have you ever woken up to puffy, swollen eyes after a long night? So unattractive! And really irritating. Here are a few tips to get rid of that! :)

  • Cold! Ice cubes wrapped in a dish towel, eye creams that have been refrigerated, rinsing your face with cold water or cold cucumbers. These will help reduce the puffyness and help numb your eyes if you're experiencing pain. 
  • Cucumbers! They will help the swelling and irritation. Leave them on your eyes for 10-15 mins. Potatoes work too!
  • Tea bags! Preferably green tea. Place 2 into a cup to steep and place them in the fridge to get cold. Then place them on your eyes. The caffeine should help with the swelling.
  • Witch Hazel! Wet 2 cotton balls with the product and remove the excess and place them on your eyes. 
  • Exercises! Roll your eyes clockwise and counter clockwise. Or blink hard several times.
  • Patience! Sometimes all your eyes need is time to make the swelling go down.

What I like to do is keep my eye creams in the fridge and use my ring finger to tap them onto my eyes. This helps bring circulation. After that I use something cold to press them against my eyes. If the swelling still hasn't reduced try applying mascara! I don't know how or why this works but it does. After a few coats of mascara I can't even tell that my eyes are swollen! You can even try to apply eyeshadow. I don't suggest using eyeliner because it can bring attention to your puffy eye. 

If you have any tips and tricks that have worked leave a comment! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment