Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Clinique's Acne Solutions 3 Step




Hey guys! Since so many of us are at a constant battle with acne I thought I'd review these products. I use to have a lot of problems with acne. I didn't have a severe issue but I always had at least 1 or 2 zits. And I had no clue about makeup or how to hide them. So my mom bought me these products. 


You can get the starter kit for only $32.50. I suggest you buy this first.. It's kinda pricey but you're getting 3 products. And it's a lot cheaper than buying the 3 full sized products and have them irritate your skin or not work at all.


Acne Solutions Clear Skin System:

The Clear Skin System wastes no time in giving blemishes the boot. Does it without the dryness and irritation that generally gets skin into trouble. It's simple, scientific. Gentle exfoliation opens clogged pores, evicts blemish-causing bacteria. Targeted ingredients rush in to accelerate treatment. Keeps skin clearer, longer, too.

Step 1 - Cleansing Foam:
$18.50 4.2 fl oz
Lather up with this mild, medicated cleanser. Helps clear and prevent acne by removing dirt and excess oil. Unclogs pores. Calms, soothes, reduces redness. Plus, leaves skin feeling soft, smooth, comfortable. 


I found this foaming cleanser to be very gentle. I'm more of an exfoliator girl but I really liked this. It made my skin feel clean and soft. I'm not sure if it helped my redness but it did really clean my skin.


Step 2 - Clarifying Lotion:
$14 6.7 fl oz
Sweeps away dead surface skin cells and excess oil that can lead to breakouts. Gentle, medicated formula exfoliates skin, unclogs pores. Helps calm, soothe irritation and redness. Oil-absorbing powders control shine.

I felt that this product really cleaned my skin. I would put a bit on a cotton pad and swipe this all over my face and even neck. This removed all the dirt that my cleanser didn't get. My face always felt tingly and cool after. 

Step 3 - Clearing Moisturizer:
$17 1.7 fl oz
Powerful Benzoyl Peroxide helps treat existing acne and prevent future breakouts. Lightweight, medicated formula creates an invisible,breathable barrier against acne-causing agents. Calms, soothes, reduces redness. Helps control excess oil throughout the day. Provides light hydration to minimize dryness and peeling.

This moisturizer isn't one of my favorites. But I do like it. It feels really light and non-greasy on your skin. And it doesn't feel sticky like a lot of moisturizers can. And it has benzoyl peroxide as an ingredient which is a plus! But a lot of people can be sensitive to it! 

Overall:
I really liked this regimen. It helped reduce my acne. It was really gentle and it didn't irritate my skin at all. I didn't have any problems with it. I bought all full sized products and it lasted me about 3 months with daily use. Eventually, like with all products my skin began to build an immunity against it and it stopped working for me. But it was great while it lasted! I didn't repurchase these products because they are pretty expensive and I found alternatives that work just as well and even better! But I think that this system is worth a shot! And I definitely recommend this!

If you want to purchase it online:

Clinique offers an entire line of makeup in this Acne Solutions line. I even purchased the foundation and concealer! I totally recommend that you visit your local counter and check out all of their products!

I wish you all good luck in your battle with acne! I know how tough it can be to deal with problem skin. My best advice is to just try out different products that contain different things to help fight acne. And find one that works for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment