Since October is all about Breast Cancer Awareness I thought I'd make a post about how to do a self - examination to check for breast cancer!
- Place right hand , palm flat, against the back of your head
- With the fingertips of your left hand, press lightly, then firmly, against your entire right breast to feel for lumps
- Switch hands and repeat to the other side, using your right hand to check your left breast.
- Stand straight with hands on hips. Check in the mirror for any changes in breast texture, shape, size, nipple appearance, or unusual discharge.
- Lie down with a small pillow or folded towel under your left shoulder and left hand behind your head
- Use your right hand to check your left breast and under armpit.
- Move the pillow under right shoulder, switch arm positions and repeat the process using left hand to check right breast
You should repeat this self exam every month! Contact your doctor if you see any changes or abnormalities!
For more information, visit: